Dr. Best recommends that you not submerge in water for 24 hours after an injection, though showers are fine. If you undergo a diagnostic injection such as a medical branch block, sacral lateral branch block, or genicular nerve block, you will be provided with a form to track your improvement in pain.
Unless otherwise specified, patients generally may return to work and/or physical therapy the following day after the procedure. Please keep the procedure site(s) clean and dry.
See below for post-procedure instructions for specific procedures/injections:
- General Discharge Instructions
- Genicular Nerve Block – Discharge Instructions
- Medial Branch Block – Discharge Instructions
- RadioFrequency Ablation – Discharge Instructions
At a Glance
Dr. Craig Best
- Harvard Fellowship-Trained Interventional Spine & Sports Medicine Specialist
- Double Board-Certified in Physical Medicnie & Rehabilitation and Pain Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Orthopedic Surgery
- Learn more